I've always wanted to learn to draw. Growing up I always thought my mother and brother had all the artistic talent. I was one of those people who couldn't draw a straight line with a ruler. I had no confidence in my abilities at all. My time was spent chasing other entertainments that certainly did not involve walking the straight and narrow! I like to say that these pursuits were what taught me that straight lines are boring anyway ... it takes all kinds of shapes to make life interesting.
My kids have taught me lots about my abilities. To them, I have them whether I think I do or not. So hey, if they believe in me, why shouldn't I believe in myself. If I fail to try simply because "I can't" then how do I effectively parent and teach them to embrace all of life's experiences and give it their best shot?
So, all that being said I'm trying to teach myself to draw. I'm sure a true Art teacher would shudder at my technique but this is all for me so shiver on baby.
This is my first attempt and for anyone who can't guess, it's supposed to be a parakeet.

For more on yesterday's creative energies of the kid's check out my other life
No comments:
Post a Comment